This role is designed to deliver Retail Media strategic support for flagship CPG clients in the Netherlands & Europe. The role is responsible for advising clients on retail media strategies, operationalising best practices and commerce solutions that deliver client business objectives.
GroupM Nexus Commerce is a team of highly skilled performance marketers who drive measurable business growth for iconic brands across GroupM agencies. Our Commerce capability is comprised of Strategy, Activation, Creative, and Data & Technology, working as an interconnected unit and living on the cutting edge of modern marketing. Through proprietary tools, partnerships, processes and training, GroupM Commerce delivers industry-leading Commerce solutions to our clients with global scale, local nuance, and effectiveness.
The Director, Retail Media Strategy role will understand the capabilities of commerce platforms including retail media networks and adtech partners and will assist in solving complex business problems through simplified POVs. The role will work closely with clients to advise them on the optimal leverage of retail media to achieve business objectives. This includes identifying product, process, or solution opportunities based on client needs, and unlocking new growth opportunities across channels for clients.
This role will have the opportunity to work with iconic brand portfolios, work with retail partners, and support highly dynamic cross-functional project teams, with the opportunity to build and lead a team of retail media specialists. This role will have the ability to infuse the best of our network capabilities into our client’s day-to-day deliverables. An entrepreneurial spirit with a bias for action and problem-solving is necessary to be successful in this role.
• Advise clients on the evolving retail media landscape in the NL & Europe, translating complex and constantly evolving offerings into clear and succinct recommendations with a strong point of view of what best practice looks like
• Work within a cross-functional agency team (investment, search, social, programmatic, data, and analytics) in the Netherlands and across Europe & Globally, to deliver comprehensive retail media strategies that accomplish clients’ business objectives
• Pre = Understanding of key commerce tools & technologies, such as Pacvue, Skai, Helium10, and/or Amazon Marketing Cloud
• Support the integration between commerce and brand media to develop end-to-end media plans for clients
• Work with key commerce, retail and media platforms in the NL and across key EU markets to build strategic relationships, realize opportunities and first-to-market solutions for clients
• Stay up to date on the latest trends and best practices in retail media across Europe and develop POVs on changing industry dynamics
• Provide thought leadership to clients around commerce & retail media, building Mindshare’s profile in the commerce space
• Engage with internal and external leaders across WPP agencies, technology providers, and retailers to develop go-to-market solutions.
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, or a related field.• 7+ years of experience in commerce across paid media, trade strategy, retail and/or consulting.
• Deep understanding of the Netherlands retail media landscape, and experience working with key local platforms, including Amazon, Bol.com, Albert Heijn
• Understanding of key commerce tools & technologies, such as Pacvue, Skai, Helium10, and/or Amazon Marketing Cloud
• Deep understanding of how different media channels work together and how retail media fits within the wider ecosystem
• Deep understanding of retail commercial elements such as profit margin, inventory levels, forecasting, and demand planning to inform media decisions
• Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas
• Strong client relationship skills, including communication, management and collaboration
• Drive to learn and understand the retail landscape and the latest trends in commerce media.
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively with internal teams and external partners.
• A self-starter attitude that thrives in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent project-management skills; able to coordinate projects across multiple teams and functions.
Solliciteer nu als jij interesse hebt in deze vacature! Zorg dat je de volgende documenten klaar hebt staan om toe te voegen aan je sollicitatie.